_____________________________________________ Just listening to the voices...

Monday, March 19, 2007

I quit!

After rounding up an all nighter BBQ party, I went to my school to give a letter of 'resignation'.

The walk to the school was depleting more of my energy. I was nervous and uptight about stepping into the school at the same time. I dont want to step in the school ever again. I followed Liyan with a sinking apprehension as she leads the way from her home to the school. An adventurous walk INDEED. We reached the FENCE of the school and we didnt want to walk a huge round, round the renovation blockage. The only way we saw, is a tiny grass path through it. Breathes of curses.

The wet, squishy sound under our slippers as we trot cautiously through the path. We didnt want to get our feet wet and dirty. Its like a walk through a forest. A dead snail, a dead moth, and a dead lizard. Sticky filthy mud acts like a quicksand under us. I pant slightly, sweats seeping out from my tiny pores, adding more humidity to the atmosphere. Oh I wish it was the cold season everyday. Ahh, finally.

I mustered up my confidence as I stepped into the General office. I gave the letter to the clerk who had no least respect for me on my first day of school till the day I left.

"Ms lau right?"

"Yes."

"So... why do you want to quit school? Wheres your letter? You look so different now."

I certainly do looked different and thats why your finally speaking with respect towards me now? Its all about the look?

"Yea, heres the letter."

"Okay...." She studied the letter carefully, satisfied, "Fine. I will get your name out of the records then. Thanks."

"Thanks, bye."

Im just glad we didnt have to walk back through that modification of the forest again. The other route, though, was harder and longer.

"Are we reaching yet?" I complained to Liyan.

"Nop"

"Is it gonna be long?"

"Not really."

"Have we halfway there yet?"

"I dont wanna answer you. You've got so many questions."

I smirks and continues walking. I bids her goodbye as I went on to the bus stop.

I feel that 90% of the people here, just came out of NS or had never seen a lady before. I've got the sex appeal? HAHA. I reckon that. It felt good though.
Ahh, the comfort of the air-con and the seat. I stared out of the window thinking. You know when you look at the view that flashes in momentary outside the window, your mind will wanders. And my wandered to every possible places I could be. Shall not elaborate. Im worn out.

A little girl boarded the bus. She was wearing the Woodlands primary school's uniform. An old man was in front of her, and hes walking slow and unsteadily as his legs deteriorate from old age. The girl was fustrated because she was late for school, she gives a sign of impatient and almost immediately, her expression changed to guilt and gave a smile of embarassment. She was guilty of feeling mad and impatient at the old man blocking her way. She sympatized and understood that age-ing people moves slowly. Somehow, I felt proud of her. She is such a sensible girl at this young age. She dropped off at the next stop. I noticed she was a prefect. The three ladies in front of me, was looking at her as she got off. A lady in her near 50s teared her look away from the girl and shaked her head slightly in disagreement as the bus continues the ride. I understood the lady, the girl was late for school.

The bus ride home is always interesting.

No comments: