Woke up at 10am today. Meet J for shopping. Happily walked out of the MRT station, walked towards Wisma. WHAT! Closed for CNY! Wth is wronnng with SG man. Hari raya? Shop dont close. Deepavali? Shop dont close. Christmas? Business still going. April fool day? Still going. WUSSUP WITH CNY?! What the deuce. Whats so special about this friggin CNY. Its just another holiday. Its just another day. Its just like any other day.
So..... we went to Lido. Ate SUBWAY! Weee. Yup it is healthy and yummeh. Watched Hannibal Rising. Dangmang. The movie didnt came out as what I had expected. Totally off. Its soo disappointing after I finish watching it. I read about the profiling of Hannibal Lecter before watching it. Its really off the cliche.
" Cannibalism is Lecter's signature, but Lecter is not satisfied to simply eat his victims. He must feast on them. The elaborate preparation for a five-star meal of human flesh is as much a part of his fantasy as eating the flesh. The preparation of the still living brain of Paul Krendler, Starling's nemesis, is a recipe worthy of Gourmet magazine."
And yes, when I was watching the movie, I expected Hannibal to feast on them. But nop, only the cheeks are eaten.
I expected a more abstract projection of the movie.
"Mischa's horrible slaughter and consumption by the deserters formed the fantasy that shaped Hannibal Lecter, a revenge fantasy. In his dream, the deserters are crude and uncouth. They're not soldiers but deserters, cowards, ignoble by definition. They take over Lecter's parents' property and relegate the young residents to the barn. Their breath stinks. They butcher a deer as Neanderthals would. They screech like greedy vultures when they see the spilled blood seeping into the snow."
"When he grows up, Lecter targets men he considered petty and uncouth."
Its not even about direct revenge which the movie shown.
The profiling and real life models of Hannibal Lecter. Click.
Before we went into the movie, we sat at MC's listening to his iPod. When I listen to that song by John Legend. I felt kind of bliss. My eyes teared a lil.
I wanted that moment to freeze. Can we sit forever.
Ahh, another unforgettable song. Memory registered.
Marching bands of manhattan - Death cab for cutie
Chaw.
P.S Time to start my infinite timetable of the year. zzz.
No comments:
Post a Comment